Psensor is a graphical hardware temperature monitor for Linux.
It can monitor:
- the temperature of the motherboard and CPU sensors (using lm-sensors).
- the temperature of the NVidia GPUs (using XNVCtrl).
- the temperature of ATI/AMD GPUs (not enabled in Ubuntu PPAs or official distribution repositories, see the instructions for enabling its support).
- the temperature of the Hard Disk Drives (using hddtemp or libatasmart).
- the rotation speed of the fans (using lm-sensors).
- the CPU usage (since 0.6.2.10 and using Gtop2).
The application is designed to be simple and easy to use. The CPU and memory consumption are not significant.
Psensor is released under GPLv2 license terms.
First step is to install lm-sensors, for Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install lm-sensors
Then, starts the detection of your hardware sensors:
Verify that it works:
It should display something like:
coretemp-isa-0000 Adapter: ISA adapter Core 0: +46.0C (high = +76.0C, crit = +100.0C) coretemp-isa-0001 Adapter: ISA adapter Core 1: +44.0C (high = +76.0C, crit = +100.0C) ...
Then you can proceed to the installation of psensor. For Ubuntu and derivatives, you should look at the Ubuntu support page.
And finally launch
More information are available in the Psensor FAQ.
- Download psensor
- Get source from GIT repository: git clone http://git.wpitchoune.net/psensor.git
- Browse source code
Linux Distribution Support
Psensor should compile on any modern distribution including GTK+ v3 and lm-sensors which are quite common. For Linux Distribution still stuck on GTK+ v2, the old 0.6.x releases of Psensor can be used.
If you have trouble compiling Psensor on a specific Linux distribution, don’t hesitate to report it.
Binary packages of Psensor are available for few Linux distributions:
- Psensor PPA for Ubuntu
- Psensor is in the official universe repository of Ubuntu since version 11.10 (Oneiric)
- Psensor packages for Debian, Psensor is in the standard repository of Debian since 7.0.
- Binary RPM package for OpenSuse: thanks to djs_core for the packaging.
- Package for ArchLinux
- Psensor v0.2.6 is installed by default in PartedMagic since version 5.0.
The Google Group psensor-users can be used for discussion, questions and bug report.
For announces or general information subscribe to Psensor Google+ page.
Alternatively, you can contact me by e-mail: email@example.com.